Saturday, February 15, 2014

USGBC Member Spotlight-Adrian Charest

Adrian Charest is head of our Membership Committee.  I took a few moments to sit and talk with him regarding life, work and sustainability. Here is what he had to say.




What is your current job? How does it differ from past jobs in regards to Sustainability?
I am a Construction Engineer at RSMeans. I research the construction process, provide consulting services and instruct seminars on estimating. With this job, I have the opportunity to be involved with new building technologies and construction techniques in the industry.

When did you first become interested in Sustainability?
I caught the bug in college and have had some involvement with environmental responsibility ever since.

Why are you a member of the MASS chapter and how did you get there?
Becoming a member was the next logical step after receiving (LEED) accreditation with the intent of growing my professional network, taking advantage of the many educational opportunities and having fun!

How are you an Environmental Steward?
On a personal level, I make my environmental contributions through a lot of little things that we all do: recycling, reusing and keeping a level of environmental awareness related to my actions. Professionally, I have had the opportunity to promote green buildings by researching and analyzing green construction trends through the development of the RSMeans Green Square Foot models and supporting the upcoming Earth Day event.

How do you help raise Environmental Awareness?
By encouraging membership in the USGBC Massachusetts Chapter!

If I needed to find you on a Saturday afternoon, where would it be?
I would be taking part in one of three activities: walking the local Conservation Lands with my wife and daughter, throwing tennis balls with my dog at the park or browsing beer recipes at the local brew shop. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they will be posted shortly.
Please note that we will not post any that contain solicitations.